Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Family Art Collection

A lot people know Mike grew up going to art shows; when we got married we started going to a few and I learned to love art. My favorite kind is glass, Mike likes sculpture and painting, but likes all kinds. We decided to start our own little collection...go figure that that a lot of it is Jim's pottery. Mike is so proud of his dad and is so partial when it comes to who is the best potter. Mike always checks out the paintings at D.I.

It helps that he knows many of the local artists and that his parents can wheel and deal for him.



Love in the mist Photograpy by Pamela Ann Hiar





Mike had this plate made for me. So the frogs represent us. This one is by Johnny Hughes








I couldn't read the name on this one but it is handmade it has a lot of different kinds of stones and beads in it.




A water color painting by I also could not read the name on this one.




This painting was actually found at DI by my husband I almost died when he brought it home. I thought it was so ugly. It had a really ugly frame on it. I took it off and found its beauty.
It's by Rehle E Higham



This is my favorite of Mikes dads. He gave this to me for my birthday one year. I absolutely love it by Jim Simister



We actually got to pick this bowl out for our wedding. By Ben Behunin








These last two bowls are mikes two favorite bowls of his dads. By Jim Simister

We also have few put away and it totes.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

I am an art lover also! I love that you have a collection- and that you have an inside scoop on the local art scene!! That is great!