Thursday, August 15, 2013

Our journey to a better life


Our Journey to a Better life

   So much has happened in the past few weeks that I don't even know where to start. Looking for a house was the biggest. I mean the BIGGEST PAIN in the butt! I truly belie though that the Lord guides you where you need to be. We were debating for a few days and even before mike got this job that if he did get the job. Would he commute? Well we decided that with gas prices and tracks  takes forever it would not. So house hunting it is! Thankgoodness! We are done being in this Hell whole ok not really its just old and our landlord is a cheapskate. Anyways, we were looking on ksl and Craigslist, yahoo, etc. basically everywhere. We found this one in Roy. I called the guy seemed to be perfect. Large house, his parents were going on a mission so they would put there stuff in the basement and we would have the other levels, rent was only a $1000, large back yard with cute playground, just a really really nice house. We thought this would be great then we could save a ton for a down payment. So we put In a application we were really nervous. Mike has a misdemeanor for possesion from when he was a dumb teenager. We just short sold our house like 8 months ago. I am sure our credit wasn't the greatest. On the application it didn't ask references or etc. so after filling it out Mike sent the guy an email explaining why we short sold our house. And that he regretted his past and now doesn't do stuff like that and since went on a misson etc. Well, the guy kept leading us on and saying next week.  So we were looking at other houses on KSL and saw he actually raised the rent to $1200.  I told MIchael about it and we felt like it was messed up he wasn't being honest.. Maybe he was overwhelmed with the response. But he could at least told us and the house would not all be ours and paying $1200. We were thinking so what else would this guy do in the course of the 2 years we were there. When mike went and looked at the place his own sister said he was a "a hard nose ".  The neighbors all around were family if we did something wrong would they get made at us? Well we emailed him and told him that we saw his ad on ksl again and it looked like he raised the price. He told us we would have known by now and he kept putting us off. We had been honest with him. We didn't want to pay more since the whole house wasn't going to be ours. We appreciated his time we were going to find something else. Holy CoW Did we offend him!  He wrote us back and  said that is was a free country he could do what he wanted. Michael needed to stop being so needy. Michael needed to look at his past as who he his and not whine about it. And best of all my favorite that we were one of his "TOP" picks. Oh yeah, and that he isn't doing it for the money it's just that he doesn't want all the other free loaders in the family to get it. Wow dude! Your parents are going on a mission. So if we were one of his top picks and it wasn't about the money than...why did he just pick us? Right?! Mike was so depressed after this email. I was so pissed! I hope this guys gets horrible renters. It would serve him right! Anyway on to our next adventure.
   So we decided we were going to look at some houses we pick out a few and then called a property manager. He said oh yeah I will take you to some. So the one I wanted to look at was taken. So he just took us to where ever. It was like the same house in a different area. I don't know why people build these new rambler houses without basements. There is no storage no nothing 1400sqft. Is just not enough when I am going to pay $1200 for rent. I wanted to laugh at they guy in the face.  Mike and I would go look at different houses. I kept telling him lets call before we go look. He kept telling me no we are just going to go down there.anyway what a waste of a trip. We watched ksl closely   found the coolest app ever. That notifys you when a rental come on the market. I kept telling Michael   maybe we are not supposed to live in Ogden. I looked at the school ratings & test scores. I was dying.        

 How could a state even allow any school district to be ok with an adverage of 60%. I thought to myself here we go provo all over again. I called all the charter schools they were worse than provo and not very nice almost like you were a #. Anyway the house that we got came on the market. Within our price range. Mike looked at the sex offender registry and there wasn't any that showed up and he said " how is that possible, is there a mistake" I think he tried it like 3 times. The school isn't too bad I will take a B average over D. They seemed really nice at the school. It's definitely in thee country. Hay fields everywhere. Our house is not though. It is more like a private neighborhood. There is townhouses, houses, our own park, we have to deal with an HOA again, we don't have much of a back yard. But I will take a great neighborhood over the ghetto any day. We met some of the kids in the neighborhood they said that there is tons of kids and its a really fun neighborhood.
  Mike has started his new job it takes him about 1 hour to get there and 2 hours or longer to get home . Oh my heck its so frustrating! So when he gets home it's like time for him to go to bed. I have basically packed the whole house as usual. I swear I need a vacation! He is liking it so far. After his interview he was really scared that's why he asked for so much but they have been very open to change. He has already been able to do amazing thing since he has been there and they appreciate his ideas and abilities. Which is AWESOME for him! I can't wait to just settle down. I know a lot of people have had their opinions of us especially some rude family members that I don't even care about that have said that we need to stop moving. Lol! Or that at a family function someone said that we were just miserable and get out of provo because everything seems to be going wrong their. Lol welcome to life witch! Sorry I don't live with my mother or mother in law so I can't buy anything and everything I want. Anyway, I hope everything works out I know it will. One way or the other. It's just that some of us have to take the long route to get there.

No comments: