Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The F bomb challenge!

I love Dr. Oz and I watch daily while I workout. It makes it easier to workout for sure. I am so not the type that loves to workout but I know I have to to keep me healthy and keep my weight off. So let me tell you about my recent weightless journey.

I have struggled since I have had kids to take the time to exercise and eat right. I almost felt guilty doing it or my children would bug me until I would get off the elliptical. I decided I needed to be more selfish with my time and also not caring what my kids thought about cooking healthy.  It's probably about a year. I worked out and tried to loose and loose but it seemed like it was not coming off fast enough. I talked to my doctor and he said to do a 1200 cal diet. Wow I was amazed how quickly it came off.  Did I also mention I hate working out especially because my muscles just get bigger? Well I didn't work out as much as I should but still stuck to that 1200 cal diet. It was awesome but I started seeing my skin flab (is what I call it) when I moved to West Haven I felt like I didn't have anyone. I started getting depressed. I decided I needed to really work out and get toned. It's only been about 3 months but lost inches but gained about 5lbs. My legs have gotten bigger as usual.  So I have had the self esteem issues again. Looking at my legs saying to my annoyed husband "are my legs fat?" Then thinking like he would even tell me the truth. I have gone from extra large shirts to medium and small & Pants from a 31 to  27.  I just realized it today when I was watching Dr. Oz that I should be happy with what I look like and stop using the F word (FAT) because I have worked hard and I will just keep on going. I also don't want my kids to use that word either. I know it's natural from being a girl to have the attitude "that I am fat" but at least my daughter would not hear it from her mom and maybe I can give her the confidence she needs. She tells me all the time already that she is fat and I know that it stems from me.  My husband is always telling me I am beautiful and I tell him he doesn't need to lie or he is just being nice.

So are you up to the  Dropping the F bomb challenge?

This means taking the compliments that people give you and not saying your fat, husky, etc. it will be really hard for me but....I am willing to try.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

LOVE this!!! We have decided that for the sake of our kids- we are not going to use that kind of talk anymore either. Whether we are fat, or in shape, we are trying to be happy with who we are, so we can raise kids that are happy with who they are!!!!